From David Hanscom, SAWEA President
COVID-19 has required us all to attempt to answer questions that we don’t really know how to. We are dealing with an unprecedented state of uncertainty unlike any of us have experienced in our lifetimes! The events community is full of small business owners. In my case, most of my friends are also small business owners. We are struggling. We don’t know when the economy will recover. Our clients are cancelling, rescheduling, dropping out, and suspending services. Many don’t know how they’ll keep the lights on, pay the bills, and rebound their businesses.
This has impacted humanity on a global scale and may take longer than we ever thought to get through and for many, may be something that is unrecoverable. In the immediate future, for most of us this will be the first weekend that we will not be working our typical event schedule. This trend may also continue indefinitely.
To our members as well as everyone in the events and hospitality industry, I say I stand with you and for you. I am here to support and champion you. I do not know what the future holds but I know that somehow, some way we will get through this together. We are working around the clock to provide you with resources to help during this most difficult time as well as the rebuild process that will follow. As a board, we are here to support you in any way we can. Please do not ever let pride get in the way of survival. We only know how to help what needs are identified. Please also use the resources below as needed.
I love and care for you all. We will find a way to come out of this stronger than ever. Thank you for your continued support of the association and your fellow members.
Resources, Tips, & Small Business Info
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org
- MHRC Mental Health Resource Center http://www.mhrcflorida.com
- Headspace Currently Offers Free Support & Online Mediation Services https://www.headspace.com/covid-19
- VIJAPURA Behavioral Health Currently offering sessions via Televideo & working with in-network payors (Florida Blue, Aetna, Medicare, and Mayo Medica) to insure Telemedicine access for their patients – https://www.vijapura.com/
Loans & Monetary Assistance Sites
- Florida Disaster.Biz https://floridadisaster.biz/BusinessDamageAssessments?fbclid=IwAR1Nw4cK8dGd06IO02FSnQkhRwInWTdwp0AjTCtQPulPwEpF5wqOSW48Y40
- US Small Business Administration https://www.sba.gov/page/coronavirus-covid-19-small-business-guidance-loan-resources?fbclid=IwAR1e0nKnEOLX99sAJ4w03zH0mBzo__sRAc69v-4QpcMY9eje1TKx9rxIvJw
- Bartender Emergency Assistance Program https://www.usbgfoundation.org/beap?fbclid=IwAR1xlGJv6IcvZ7vOXruv-018sjB690e0Ht-6fTjkwlXKAW4VuxXt70QFEfw
- Governor DeSantis has reminded Floridians that if their employment has been negatively impacted because of mitigation efforts to stop the spread of COVID-19, these Floridians may be eligible to receive Reemployment Assistance.For more information visit http://floridajobs.org/Reemployment-Assistance-Service-Center/reemployment-assistance/claimants
- Reemployment Assistance FAQS http://www.floridajobs.org/docs/default-source/ra-dua-documentation/dua-faqs-3-17-20-updates.pdf?sfvrsn=805543b0_2
Unemployment Insurance Benefit for Employers
- Governor DeSantis directed DEO to waive penalties to employers
- Currently an employer is “charged” for every employee that is laid off and this cost is reflected in the employer’s unemployment insurance paid to the state.
- Waiving this penalty will eliminate any perverse incentive an employer may have to keep an employee on the payroll but with dramatically reduced or deferred hours thereby preventing them from seeking unemployment assistance
- Publix Hiring opportunities in Jacksonville https://storejobapplication.publix.com/JacOnlineBI/en/Home/IndexRedirect/
- Walmart hiring opportunities https://careers.walmart.com/?utm_source=VanityURL&utm_medium=WalmartCareers
- Pizza Hut The pizza chain is hiring for positions at its various locations https://jobs.pizzahut.com/
- Dominos 10,000 workers for full and part-time positions https://jobs.dominos.com/dominos-careers/
- Amazon 100,000 workers needed to help with online orders. https://www.amazondelivers.jobs/?cmpid=PRPRLC0780H6
- Southeastern Grocers Bi-Lo, Fresco, Harvey’s, & Winn-Dixie Accepting Online & In Store Applications https://www.segrocers.com/careers
- ALDI Hiring Seasonal Cashiers
- ABC Fine Wine and Spirits – Immediately Hiring in Jacksonville Area https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/COA1000ABCFW/JobBoard/5fc08060-5bfe-4bf9-9303-1d39803050c8/?q=&o=postedDateDesc&w=&wc=&we=&wpst=
- A list of area schools offering curbside pick-up for Lunch/snacks for children free of charge https://www.firstcoastnews.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/feeding-local-students-as-schools-shut-down-to-slow-spread-of-covid-19/77-b07fd893-c32c-49f2-83a2-6df268c8478d
- Food delivery services: Sign up to deliver food to others through services such as: DoorDash, GrubHub, Postmates, Uber Eats, Insta Cart
COVID-19 Local Testing
- Free Subscriptions Due to School Closings https://kidsactivitiesblog.com/135609/list-of-education-companies-offering-free-subscriptions/?fbclid=IwAR22QwMcRb3syCgN1YGj47LMzhclyfRwOEExF2QAodecGYFrwWyim44iSJE
- OutSchool Education professionals could potentially teach online through this service https://outschool.com/teach#abk81wa5eo
- Free YALE Online Course https://www.businessinsider.com/coursera-yale-science-of-wellbeing-free-course-review-overview
- Beach 105.5 Currently Offering Free Small Business Advertising for St Augustine businesses. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Although every effort has been made to provide complete and accurate information, the Saint Augustine Wedding and Events Association makes no warranties, express or implied, or representations as to the accuracy of content on this website. Saint Augustine Wedding and Events Association assumes no liability or responsibility for any error or omissions in the information contained in the website or the operation of the website.